1. I believe God is everywhere. I wasn’t at Calvary. But my God lives in every person. It is up to me to treat each person with respect and dignity accordingly. My place of worship exists from horizon to horizon in 360 degrees from where I am.
2. There is one human race and no others. The genes have been blended for hundreds of generations. Your past relatives were frisky and at sometime in history, jumped the fence. Get over it.
3. The size of a person’s purse or their religious beliefs are no indication of the size of a person’s heart and the quality of that person’s moral values. In other words, poor, unholy people can be kind and generous. Rich, unholy people can be kind and generous. Poor, holy people can be lazy and cruel. Rich, holy people can be lazy and cruel.
4. Politicians drive me crazy. I believe in saving money but also in investing in the people who are citizens of this country. The first place for lawmakers to start saving money is in their own office, with their own staff, and their own benefits. Once they do that, then we will know who is serious.
5. People should have the right, opportunity, and the dignity to decide their own fate.
6. Being poor is humiliating. You can really only understand if you have been refused help or degraded during your darkest hour.